Monday, February 20, 2012

EDSS 530 Response #1

Prompt
Watch the following video: Visitors and Residents by Dr. White and then write a blog post reflecting on where you are in this continuum and how you see your future on the Internet.


Reflection
After watching the video presentation by Dr. White I came to the conclusion that I am closer to a resident on the continuum.  The primary reason I label myself as a resident is due in large part to my view of the internet and how closely it resembles that of a resident.  I, like a resident, see the web as space, extremely social and continually changing.  In addition I consider myself part of the internet community in that I add to it and learn from the media provided by my Personal Learning Network.  Finally I continue to join social media sites where I use the same username in order to create a brand.  While I find myself an ever-growing resident of the web it was not long ago that I would have viewed myself as a visitor.  Prior to ED 422 last spring I only saw the web as a way to communicate with friends and learn information without turning on the television.  I despised social media and saw it only as a way to destroy reputations.  However in the present and in the future I see myself as a growing force in the world wide web.

No comments:

Post a Comment